Coroner’s Annual Report Tuesday at Chamber EBR
East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner Dr. Beau Clark will present his Annual Report to the parish this Tuesday at Café Américain, 7521 Jefferson Highway, at a meeting of the Chamber of Commerce of East Baton Rouge. Dr. Clark, who is completing his first term as coroner, will describe the work of his office, including
• Death investigations
• Infant mortality
• Heroin deaths
• Synthetic marijuana
• Mental health
• Sexual assaults
• The Regional Autopsy Program
• Electronic processing of death certificates
• The Coroner’s Disaster Preparedness Plan, which includes virulent contagious diseases such as ebola
• The increase in self-generated funds by the Coroner’s office
• The donation of prescription drugs by the Coroner’s office
• Physical improvements to the Coroner’s office
• The budget and staff of the office
Dr. Clark serves as second vice president of the Louisiana Coroner’s Association. The Coroner’s office was created by the Louisiana Constitution as a parishwide elected office with responsibility for investigating deaths, forensic pathology services, mental health investigations, and sexual assault investigations.
The event will begin with a reception at 11:30 a.m. The luncheon will begin at 12 noon. It is open to business owners, guests, and members of the media. Reservations are not necessary. Lunch is $17, payable to the restaurant. Lunch is complimentary for members of the media.
The Chamber of Commerce of East Baton Rouge is composed of small business owners in the parish and is affiliated with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, go to www.ChamberEBR.com or contact ChamberEBR president Woody Jenkins at email@example.com